Thurs., Dec. 2, 7 p.m. Navy Sea Chanters in Concert. Once again, we are privileged to host the Navy’s premier vocal ensemble, the Sea Chanters here in a free concert. Please note that a valid COVID vaccination card or negative COVID test (within the previous 48 hours) is required for admittance.
Sun., Dec. 5, 10:30 a.m. Second Sunday of Advent: Advent Music Service. Our Festival Choir, Annanbells and Praise Team will provide seasonal music as we continue our celebration of Advent.
Sun., Dec. 12
- 9:15 a.m. Christmas Activities for Children. During the children’s Sunday School hour, we will have special Christmas activities and games in their classrooms as the children prepare for the Christmas Pageant.
- 10:30 a.m. Third Sunday of Advent: Children’s Christmas Pageant. Infant to fifth-grade children present a Christmas pageant retelling the story of Jesus’ birth, complete with Mary and Joseph, angels, shepherds, animals and more. For covid safety, this will be a hybrid pageant (partly pre-recorded and partly in-person), but everyone is invited to join in person in singing carols that follow along the story of Christ’s birth.
- 2:30 p.m. Washington Metropolitan Philharmonic Concert. Come and hear works by Hailstork, Worthington, Mayer and Williams as we welcome back this wonderful orchestra. Get tickets at wmpamusic.org – $25/adult, or half off with code “AUMCGUEST”
Sun., Dec. 19
- 10:30 a.m. Fourth Sunday of Advent: Lessons and Carols. A service of scripture and song in anticipation of Christ’s birth.
- 12-3 p.m. Sandwich Making for the Mission Center. Join us in making 700 sandwiches for our guests who come to the Mission Center, to be distributed on Monday, Dec 20. Lunch will be provided.
- 6:30 p.m. An Evening in December. Members of our congregation bring their gifts of instrumental and vocal music for an evening of Christmas music in the sanctuary.
3-7 p.m. Live nativity and outdoor activities. A nativity scene in front of church with live animals. Everyone is welcome!
- 3-3:45 p.m. Christmas activities and games for families.
- 5:30-6:45 p.m. Hot cocoa, firepit, and a reading of “Twas the Evening of Christmas” (a retelling of Christ’s birth to the rhythm of “Twas the Night before Christmas“) every 15 minutes with the last reading beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Christmas Eve Worship Services. Candle lighting and communion at all three services.
- 4 p.m. Children’s Family Christmas service.
- 7 p.m. Traditional service with choir.
- 11 p.m. Traditional service with a vocal ensemble.
Sun., Dec. 26, 10:30 a.m. College and Career Sunday. Join us as AUMC’s college and career students lead us in worship.
Sun., Jan. 2, 10:30 a.m. Epiphany Sunday worship.
Sun., Jan. 9, 6:30 p.m. Brethren Epiphany Concert. Ring in the New Year with a message of goodwill and hope! Tickets on sale after Thanksgiving: $15 in advance, $20 at the door.
Poinsettias for Christmas
To place a poinsettia in the sanctuary in honor or memory of a loved one on Dec. 19, see the form in the Sunday Bulletin or in the November Witness. The cost is $17 per plant, and orders are due by Sunday, Dec. 12.