The CDC is a full-day, year-round program offering comprehensive, developmentally appropriate activities for children ages 3 months to kindergarten-entrance. Children participate in hands-on learning experiences in areas including art, science, music, and emerging literacy. All lead teachers have a degree or child development associate credential (or equivalent).
The CDC presently has openings for 3- and 4-year-olds.
The Annandale United Methodist Church Child Development Center is fully licensed through the Virginia Department of Social Services. License expiration: August 4, 2019. The Annandale United Methodist Child Development Center is accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children. License expiration: December 1, 2023.
CDC is open from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Infants and toddlers have a limit of 10 hours of care per day. We are closed on most Federal Holidays and follow the FCPS for weather related closings.
- Curriculum: Creative Curriculum teachingstratagies.com
- Catered lunch: Good Food Company (http://wwww.goodfoodco.com)
- Morning and afternoon snack prepared fresh onsite
- Degreed and CDA credentialed Teaching Staff
- Enrichment Programs: Yoga, Music, Physical Fitness, Spanish, Chapel, Science, and Cooking
- Field trips (3’s and Pre-K) and on-site enrichment activities: Pets and Ponies, Dean Alan’s Magic Show, Reptiles Alive, etc.
- Visits from our local librarian
Health and Safety
All AUMC CDC employees are certified in infant, child, and adult CPR and First Aid. Several employees are also trained and approved to administer medication.
- Parents are welcome to read to children in the classroom and to share their family’s culture. We also have scheduled opportunities for parental involvement through field trips, program events, and the Parent Activity Committee.
- Parents are provided program updates, lesson plans, pictures, weekly director emails, menus and more through “Shutterfly”(Secure Classroom Websites).
- Parents are notified of emergencies via text msg through “Remind”
Registration Fee and Deposit
The 2018-2019 waitlist fee is $50.00 for 1 child and $25.00 for each additional child. The registration fee is 100.00 for 1 child and $25.00 for each additional child and is due within 5 business days of receiving enrollment confirmation. All fees are non-refundable.
A deposit of one week’s tuition is due prior to a child’s first day in addition to the first week’s tuition. The deposit is refundable in full with two weeks written notice of withdrawal.
Tuition is due in advance by Friday for the following week. Tuition can be paid monthly, or for any advanced number of weeks that a parent wishes to pay. There is a late fee of $5 a day for late payment. Click here for the 2018-2019 tuition schedule.
|Classroom/Child Age||Weekly Tuition|
Parents are provided weekly program updates, classroom lesson plans, pictures, weekly director emails and more through Shutterfly (secure classroom websites).
Director of Weekday Children’s Programs: Angela Wilmore, AWilmore@annandale-umc.org
Angela’s first job was that of a nanny, and she later took over a daycare center owned by her grandmother. Over the next 30 years, she held positions at nonprofits, corporations, public schools and consulting firms where she led teams focused on early childhood education. In July of 2017, she became the director of AUMC’s Child Development Center, and in September 2018 became the executive director of AUMC’s three weekday programs. She has a degree in organizational management from Palm Beach Atlantic University, a master’s degree in organizational leadership from Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, and associate’s degrees in accounting and child development. Read an interview with Angela in AUMC’s Feb. 2019 monthly newsletter, the Witness.