Director: Meredith Lamarche, email@example.com
Children are a vital part of our ministry. We invite children to have fun and learn about God’s love for them. We offer activities for 2-year-olds through fifth graders. Contact Meredith at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our email list.
A message from Meredith:
Due to the rising number of Covid-19 cases, Children’s Ministry will be returning to a virtual ministry at this time. This means there will be no in person Sunday school or Children’s Church. Replacing in person discipleship and fellowship with more time on Zoom for the children is something I had hoped would not happen again and I pray everyone will be back in-person soon, but with many children unvaccinated (and our youngest friends unable to be vaccinated), I believe this is the wise (although difficult) decision to make at this time. Despite not gathering in person while cases remain high, we are still one church, one body of Christ, and one AUMC family and we will get through this next chapter of the pandemic together.
I look forward to returning to in-person ministry again when it is safer. Until such a time, I look forward to you joining us virtually for Children’s Ministry!
If you haven’t already, make sure to join the children’s ministry email list to receive all the details including zoom links as well as future announcements. To join the list, email me at email@example.com.
Pre-k: Moving forward, join us for a story from our Spark Story Bible told by one of our preschool teachers.
K-5: While we remain virtual, our K-5 students are invited to join us on zoom for a Godly Play story just like you would hear in person in the classroom followed by a time of “wondering” or discussion. Pajamas allowed! Join us on zoom at 9:30 a.m.! Yes, that’s right! You get 15 extra minutes to sleep in as we’re virtual.
Important dates to remember:
- Jan. 28: Kid’s Mission Night. Even while we are socially distant, there are still many ways that we can love and serve our neighbors around us. We will be having a virtual kids’ mission night on zoom on Jan. 28 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. RSVP by Jan. 18 for the mission night to Ms. Meredith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then, pick up your kit with supplies for the mission night on Sunday, Jan. 23 from noon – 1 p.m. No need to get out of your car even! Simply drive by in front of the church to receive your kit for the mission night the following Friday. If you’re unable to pick up a kit, a list of supplies can be provided.
- Mar. 1: Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper with kids’ activities
- April 10: All Sunday school classes participate in Holy Week Walk
- April 17: Children’s Easter Egg Hunt & Celebrations
- June 5: Last day of Children’s Sunday school
For more information, contact Meredith Lamarche, Director of Christian Education for Children, at email@example.com.