Director: Meredith Lamarche, firstname.lastname@example.org
Children are a vital part of our ministry. We invite children to have fun and learn about God’s love for them. We offer activities for 2-year-olds through fifth graders. Masks are required for unvaccinated children and adults. Contact Meredith at email@example.com to be added to our email list.
Children’s church is held in the Media Center downstairs. Everyone starts worship together in the sanctuary before kids are dismissed to children’s church with the group leader. Please note that children will return to the sanctuary prior to communion.
Children’s Sunday School meets at 9:15 a.m. each week. Drop off is at 9:15 a.m. and pick up is 10:10-10:15 a.m. We also have online lessons from our Sunday School teachers each week; contact Meredith to join our mailing list for the links. Due to an unforeseen circumstance impacting one of the children’s classrooms, K-2nd currently meets in room 314 and 3rd-5th grade meets in room 309. Preschool will continue meeting in their normal room: 208.
Important dates to remember:
- May 26: The Mission Center is looking for interested families to help distribute books. Distribution will be from 5-6 p.m. but it would be helpful if some volunteers could arrive at the Mission Center at 4:30 p.m. to help with set up of the items that will be given out. If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions, please contact Nicole Crouch, the Director of Missions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 29: Service Sunday in Sunday school. Children’s ministry will be completing a variety of mission projects. RSVP due date for the June 5 party.
- June 5: Pentecost and end of school year: Join us during Sunday school for Pentecost lessons and end of year fun. This is the last day of children’s Sunday school until fall. We’ll also have a worship party during Children’s church. Then, stay after worship for an end of year celebration with ice cream! RSVP to Ms. Meredith at email@example.com by May 29.
- July 18-22: Vacation Bible School. Register at annandalechurch.com/vbs2022 ! Cost per child: $5. If you have any questions in the meantime or would like to sign up to help make VBS happen this year, please contact Meredith Lamarche.
For more information, contact Meredith Lamarche, Director of Christian Education for Children, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director: Rev. Peter Kwon, email@example.com
AUMC provides sixth through twelfth graders with a safe space to grow and explore their faith. Stay connected with us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/AnnandaleUMCYouth/ or Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/annandaleyya/ – for the privacy of our students, you’ll need to log in to connect with us. To keep up with Youth activities email Peter Kwon and ask him to add you to his mailing list.
Sunday School meets at 9:15 a.m., including a Confirmation Class (Confirmation will be on May 22, Youth Sunday).
Our regular Sunday Youth Night (Ramp) is 6-7:30 p.m. There will be a lesson, games related to the lesson, and other fun activities that will help our students bond and build friendship! Dinner will be served. If you’d like to volunteer by serving dinner for our students, please let us know by clicking here.
Supporting our students: Let Peter know your schedules for sport events, performances, or anything else! He’d love to be there to show support for you!
Important dates to remember:
- June 18-25: Arizona Mission Trip
- July 10-15: Blue Ridge Summer Mission Trip, NC. Experience the great beauty of people and nature in the scenic small towns in the Blue Ridge Mountains, North Carolina. We will participate in work projects, help run a Kids Club ministry and work at a local nutrition program, connecting with the local people and addressing some significant needs. We will also visit a cowboy church, experience the thrill of a homemade water park, hike to the top of Lowe’s Lookout and partake in a community cookout! While doing all of these wonderful and fun things, in the evenings we will worship and discuss how service and missions connects with our faith in Jesus Christ. Taylorsville, NC is about a 6-hour drive from Annandale. We will likely be sleeping on air mattresses that each student will bring and the groups typically shower in a school, YMCA or other community center. This trip is open to both middle school and high school students. Spaces for this trip are limited, so RSVP soon to Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost for the entire trip is $50 dollars.
For more information, contact Rev. Peter Kwon, Director of Youth Ministries, at email@example.com.
Director: Rev. Peter Kwon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Young adult ministry at AUMC is for young adults, ages 18-35, who are interested in studying God’s word, sharing in Christian fellowship, and serving together in mission.
The Young Adults participate in a wide variety of other fellowship and mission activities including everything from movie nights and Superbowl parties to packaging meals for the hungry and writing Easter cards for human trafficking survivors. To be added to the AUMC Young Adults email list, contact Rev. Peter Kwon, email@example.com or 703-256-8330.
Director: Rev. Jason Micheli, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Academy of Discipleship offers adult Sunday school, mid-week classes, small groups, sermon studies, guest lecturers and more. The Academy is led by Rev. Jason Micheli. Contact him at email@example.com with questions.
New online class: “Help My Unbelief,” April 25 – July 7, Mondays at 7 p.m. Nothing has motivated Fleming Rutledge in her preaching more than addressing people’s struggles with doubt. Help My Unbelief speaks directly to the “faithful doubters” and the “unbelieving believers” of the church who wrestle with questions and uncertainties about Christian faith. Join Jason Micheli, Anthony Robinson, Joshua Monkeyheisen, Teer Hardy, and Tommie Marshall as we discuss Fleming’s book. Sign up at annandalechurch.com/unbelief
Sunday school classes are resuming in person this fall! Contact class leaders to learn more about when each class begins or what they’re currently studying.
- Immanuel Faith-in-Life. The Immanuel and Exploring Faith in Life classes have combined in Room 303 at 9:30 a.m. We are currently studying Adam Hamilton’s book Making Sense of the Bible. Each Sunday at 9:15 we will attempt with its help to delve into the nature of scripture and the Bible’s most challenging passages. Join us for tea and discussion in Room 210. For more information, contact Harry Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or Janet Woods at email@example.com.
- In His Steps. This class meets in Room 302 at 9:15 am with a Zoom option. On May 15, the In His Steps adult Sunday school class began a new study of the book Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges. This book helps us open our eyes to the spiritual dangers of “respectable sins”, such as jealousy, selfishness, greed, and all the “little” faults we live with every day. We consider how these “respectable sins” hinder our witness of the gospel message and how the transforming grace of God helps us overcome our “respectable sins”. For more information, contact Bill Iwig at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jerry Beyer at email@example.com, co-leaders of the class.
- Issues in Christianity. This class meets in Room 307 at 9:30 a.m. with a hybrid option. The topic for this coming school year is The Apocryphal Jesus. For more information, contact Kevin Sabo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women in Search of Truth. This class meets online at 9 a.m. For more information, contact Tracy Carney at email@example.com or Brenda Pool at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our other classes which have been meeting during the pandemic are as follows; please contact the leaders for details on meeting in person vs. online and more information:
- Brad and Libby Todd’s small group, Sundays, 9:45 a.m.; contact Brad at email@example.com.
- Grace and Truth small group, Mondays, 7 p.m.; contact Gary FitzGibbon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Kings men’s Bible study, first and third Saturdays, 8:30 a.m.; contact Bill Iwig, email@example.com.
- Mary and Martha Circle, Saturdays, 9 a.m.; contact Pat Sherfey, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Annandale Book Lovers, third Sundays, 7 p.m.; contact David Barker, email@example.com.