Director: Meredith Lamarche, firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we’ve suspended most activities in person because of the coronavirus pandemic, we remain committed to helping our congregation’s children to continue their spiritual growth. Our current offerings include:
- An online Children’s Corner with Bible-based games, arts and crafts projects, educational resources, and more.
- Two video lessons produced each week with the help of our Sunday School teachers – a pre-k lesson and a K-5 lesson. An email is sent on Fridays with the Youtube links to both of those videos. Each week parents also receive the links to the google drive folders for those specific lessons. This folder includes a family page and a coloring sheet each week for the pre-k kids, and pages which include mazes, coloring sheets, word searches, and other fun activities for K-5 kids.
- Zoom kid’s club meets from 9:30-9:50 a.m. on Sundays for 1st -5th graders. Two Sunday school teachers lead a time of fellowship and discussion about the week’s lesson. This zoom group is not recorded and parents can also opt to keep their video screen turned off if they prefer. For safety and security reasons, the Zoom link will not be posted anywhere but rather sent directly to the parents; contact Meredith at email@example.com if you have not been added to the mailing list.
- An email list for children’s activities. These emails include private Zoom links, information on occasional socially distanced outdoors get-togethers, and more. Contact Meredith at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list.
For more information, contact Meredith Lamarche, Director of Christian Education for Children, at email@example.com.
Director: Rev. Peter Kwon, firstname.lastname@example.org
AUMC provides sixth through twelfth graders with a safe space to grow and explore their faith. Stay connected with us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/annandaleumcyouth/ – for the privacy of our students, you’ll need to log in to connect with us. To keep up with Youth activities email Peter Kwon and ask him to add you to his mailing list.
- Supporting our students: Let Peter know your schedules for sport events, performances, or anything else! He’d love to be there to show support for you!
- We also have a month-long daily devotional available for families to use in worship and spiritual lessons together; click here to see it.
Kings Dominion, Sunday, August 8th. We are going to Kings Dominion and you and your friends are invited! Click here to register and get the general info about the trip!
Confirmation Class 2021 this Fall. We are excited to announce that we will be teaching confirmation class this year! Please register and fill out a quick survey here to help us get a better sense of our students’/parents’ interest!
Dodgeball Tournament, August 29, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. You already know what is it! One of the most highly anticipated events of the year! Dodgeball Tournament! Click here to sign up and learn more.
Ramp Kick-off Sunday, Labor Day Weekend: As we cross our fingers and hope for things to go back to normal, we are very excited to announce that we will have a new meeting time for Youth Night. Since the sun is going to be much longer, we are projected to set our meeting time to 4 to 6:30 p.m.
We are also looking to restart our in-person Sunday School (Middle & High School).
We will continue to serve our students to the best of our ability, and we pray that parents will not only continue to keep our leaders in your prayers, but support our program by volunteering! Healthy youth programs have strong parent support, and I ask that you would register and volunteer! Our students are precious, and they are in such an important time of their lives to learn and get a strong impression of church!
For more information, contact Rev. Peter Kwon, Director of Youth Ministries, at email@example.com.
Director: Rev. Peter Kwon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Young adult ministry at AUMC is for young adults, ages 18-35, who are interested in studying God’s word, sharing in Christian fellowship, and serving together in mission.
The Young Adults participate in a wide variety of other fellowship and mission activities including everything from movie nights and Superbowl parties to packaging meals for the hungry and writing Easter cards for human trafficking survivors. To be added to the AUMC Young Adults email list, contact Rev. Peter Kwon, email@example.com or 703-256-8330.
Director: Rev. Jason Micheli, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Academy of Discipleship offers adult Sunday school, mid-week classes, small groups, sermon studies, guest lecturers and more. The Academy is led by Rev. Jason Micheli. Contact him at email@example.com with questions. Because of the pandemic, our classes are currently not meeting in person; check below for a variety of online offerings!
New Class on Galatians. Join Jason Micheli, David King, and Todd Littleton (pastor of Snow Hill Baptist Church in Oklahoma City) for a Zoom class tying into our new sermon series on the true Gospel meaning of freedom. Learn more at annandalechurch.com/galatiansclass.
Many of our classes and small groups are meeting remotely during the pandemic. Contact one of these leaders if you’re interested in joining:
- In His Steps class, Sundays, 9:30 a.m.; contact Bill Iwig, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Issues in Christianity class, Sundays, 10 a.m.; contact Kevin Sabo, email@example.com.
- Brad and Libby Todd’s small group, Sundays, 9:45 a.m.; contact Brad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grace and Truth small group, Mondays, 7 p.m.; contact Gary FitzGibbon at email@example.com.
- 1 Kings men’s Bible study, first and third Saturdays, 8:30 a.m.; contact Bill Iwig, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mary and Martha Circle, Saturdays, 9 a.m.; contact Pat Sherfey, email@example.com.
- Annandale Book Lovers, third Sundays, 7 p.m.; contact David Barker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FaithJustice Forum
The FaithJustice Forum is a joint ministry of Annandale UMC and the FaithJustice Foundation, founded by one of AUMC’s previous pastors, Rev. Cynthia Johnson-Oliver. The forums explore how faith impacts the important social justice issues of our time and how people of faith are called to speak and take action in ways that do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with God.
Learn more about upcoming activities at faithjusticefoundation.org.