Celebrate the Gospel of Grace with Us
READ, LISTEN, WATCH
Click on the video above to watch our livestream on Sundays! Currently we livestream our 11 a.m. Sunday communion services. You can also watch current and previous services on our Facebook page here, or scroll down this page to watch services from our current sermon series. For transcripts of Jason’s latest sermons, click here.
NEW IN-PERSON SERVICE STARTS MAY 23
The Church Council, pastors, and staff, after considering the responses to our recent survey, have made plans to regather the congregation in worship.
The percentage of members who have been vaccinated, the responsible way in which the congregation has handled the pandemic, and a desire to refocus our energies on building community and encouraging engagement have led to this decision, which is in keeping with the views of a large majority of the congregation.
Beginning Sunday, May 23, we will have one worship service at 10:30 a.m.
It will include live singing, a sermon, communion, and other familiar parts of the order of worship.
Here is what the bishop said about singing when she announced changes to the Conference’s COVID protocols:
- fully vaccinated persons may now engage in congregational singing indoors for up to five (5) minutes total
- groups of up to four (4) persons who have been fully vaccinated can lead congregational singing and/or offer an additional three (3) minutes of special music indoors if properly masked and distanced
The worship service will be live-streamed on Facebook and the website. We will no longer post a prerecorded worship service at 8:30 a.m.
We will also be implementing new COVID protocol based on recommendations from the bishop and the Virginia Conference:
- Everyone two years and older must wear a mask at all times.
- Registration will no longer be required.
- The congregation will be socially distanced. Please follow the usher’s directions for seating. Please keep distance before and after the service. We will not yet have a coffee hours.
- Masks may be removed briefly to consume communion.
We very much look forward to regathering for worship and we hope you will join us on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. beginning May 23. If you aren’t yet ready to return to worship, or of course if you don’t feel well, please join us for the live-stream.
We will continue this schedule through the summer, introducing new elements as conditions allow, and consider an appropriate schedule moving forward as summer ends.
WORSHIP WITH US IN PERSON
AUMC is currently hosting in-person services on Sundays at 11 a.m. Our covid-19 precautions include:
- All attendees are required to register online in advance. A registration link will be emailed out to members the Monday before the service; please contact our membership secretery Dottie Rogerson at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list. The deadline for submitting a form each week is Friday at noon. Click here to sign up. Or watch live from wherever you are at annandalechurch.com/stream.
- Masks are required at all times except while consuming communion.
- Ushers will open doors, guide the flow of traffic, and ensure that people stay 6 feet apart at all times.
- Half of our pews will be blocked off entirely for social distancing; the others will be assigned to ensure that there is space between visitors or family groups.
- Communion will consist of a brief liturgy where a pastor will pray the Great Thanksgiving as usual. All are welcome to receive the elements, removing masks briefly to do so.
- If you aren’t comfortable coming inside, you can drive up in front of the church at the service’s end and receive the elements (you could watch it on your phone in the car, for example).
- The service will take about 40 minutes.
To learn more about our precautions and see what an in-person service at AUMC looks like, watch the video below.
You can also see our livestreamed communion services Sundays at 11 a.m. at www.annandalechurch.com/stream.
WORSHIP WITH US ONLINE
A full-length pre-recorded Sunday service, with prayers, sermon, and music, will be posted to our Facebook page at 8:30 a.m. each Sunday.
No, you don’t need to have a Facebook account to access it – just click the “Not Now” button when Facebook asks you to log in. And you don’t need to catch it live to access it – scroll down our Facebook page to see recent sermons and posts, or check for weekly links lower down this page under “Quarantine Correspondence.”
Morning Prayer is back at a new time, 8:30 a.m., Monday through Friday. Led by David King, who is now a student at Princeton, the morning prayer follows the liturgy from Brian Zahnd’s Prayer School. Find the Zoom link at www.annandalechurch.com/morningprayer or go to our Facebook page. You can download the liturgy at www.annandalechurch.com/morningliturgy. All are welcome to join us each weekday morning!
WORSHIP FOR ALL AGES
Although we’ve suspended activities in person because of the outbreak, Meredith has created an online Children’s Corner with Bible-based games, arts and crafts projects, educational resources, and more. There are two video lessons produced each week with the help of our Sunday School teachers – a pre-k lesson and a K-5 lesson. An email is sent on Fridays with the Youtube links to both of those videos. Each week parents also receive the links to the google drive folders for those specific lessons. This folder includes a family page and a coloring sheet each week for the pre-k kids, and pages which include mazes, coloring sheets, word searches, and other fun activities for K-5 kids. Zoom kid’s club meets from 9:30-9:50 a.m. on Sundays for 1st -5th graders. Two Sunday school teachers lead a time of fellowship and discussion about the week’s lesson. This zoom group is not recorded and parents can also opt to keep their video screen turned off if they prefer. For safety and security reasons, the Zoom link will not be posted anywhere but rather sent directly to the parents; contact Meredith at email@example.com if you have not been added to the mailing list.
For updated youth content (Peter’s Bits) during the coronavirus season, visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AnnandaleUMCYouth/ For smaller and shorter content, check out our Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/annandaleumcyouth/
CURRENT WORSHIP SERIES
After Easter 2021, we began a new sermon series, “Acts upon the Apostles.” Through August, we will explore how God acts in and upon the lives of people, then and now, to pursue his gracious, redemptive work.
- April 11 – John 20:19-31. Pre-recorded worship.
- April 18 – Acts 3:1-21: “Miracle.” Pre-recorded worship.
- April 25 – Acts 4:1-12: “Salvation is No Possibility.” Pre-recorded worship. Livestreamed service.
- May 2 – Acts 8:26-40: “Incompatible.” Pre-recorded worship. Livestreamed service.