Celebrate the Gospel of Grace with Us
READ, LISTEN, WATCH
Click on the video above to watch our livestream on Sundays! Currently we livestream our 11 a.m. Sunday communion services. You can also watch current and previous services on our Facebook page here, or scroll down this page to watch services from our current sermon series. For transcripts of Jason’s latest sermons, click here.
WORSHIP WITH US IN PERSON
AUMC is currently hosting brief in-person communion services on Sundays at 11 a.m. Our covid-19 precautions include:
- All attendees are required to register online in advance. A registration link will be emailed out to members the Monday before the service; please contact our membership secretery Dottie Rogerson at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list. The deadline for submitting a form each week is Friday at noon. Click here to sign up for this Sunday, Jan. 31. Or watch live from wherever you are at annandalechurch.com/stream.
- Masks are required at all times
- Ushers will open doors, guide the flow of traffic, and ensure that people stay 6 feet apart at all times.
- Half of our pews will be blocked off entirely for social distancing; the others will be assigned to ensure that there is space between visitors or family groups.
- Communion will consist of a brief liturgy where a pastor will pray the Great Thanksgiving as usual. But you’ll receive the elements as you leave to consume outside.
- If you aren’t comfortable coming inside, you can drive up in front of the church at the service’s end and receive the elements (you could watch it on your phone in the car, for example).
- The service will take about 20 minutes.
To learn more about our precautions and see what an in-person service at AUMC looks like, watch the video below.
You can also see our livestreamed communion services Sundays at 11 a.m. at www.annandalechurch.com/stream.
WORSHIP WITH US ONLINE
A full-length pre-recorded Sunday service, with prayers, sermon, and music, will be posted to our Facebook page at 8:30 a.m. each Sunday.
No, you don’t need to have a Facebook account to access it – just click the “Not Now” button when Facebook asks you to log in. And you don’t need to catch it live to access it – scroll down our Facebook page to see recent sermons and posts, or check for weekly links lower down this page under “Quarantine Correspondence.”
Morning Prayer is back at a new time, 8:30 a.m., Monday through Friday. Led by David King, who is now a student at Princeton, the morning prayer follows the liturgy from Brian Zahnd’s Prayer School. Find the Zoom link at www.annandalechurch.com/morningprayer or go to our Facebook page. You can download the liturgy at www.annandalechurch.com/morningliturgy. All are welcome to join us each weekday morning!
WORSHIP FOR ALL AGES
Although we’ve suspended activities in person because of the outbreak, Meredith has created an online Children’s Corner with Bible-based games, arts and crafts projects, educational resources, and more. There are two video lessons produced each week with the help of our Sunday School teachers – a pre-k lesson and a K-5 lesson. An email is sent on Fridays with the Youtube links to both of those videos. Each week parents also receive the links to the google drive folders for those specific lessons. This folder includes a family page and a coloring sheet each week for the pre-k kids, and pages which include mazes, coloring sheets, word searches, and other fun activities for K-5 kids. Zoom kid’s club meets from 9:30-9:50 a.m. on Sundays for 1st -5th graders. Two Sunday school teachers lead a time of fellowship and discussion about the week’s lesson. This zoom group is not recorded and parents can also opt to keep their video screen turned off if they prefer. For safety and security reasons, the Zoom link will not be posted anywhere but rather sent directly to the parents; contact Meredith at email@example.com if you have not been added to the mailing list.
For updated youth content (Peter’s Bits) during the coronavirus season, visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AnnandaleUMCYouth/ For smaller and shorter content, check out our Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/annandaleumcyouth/
CURRENT WORSHIP SERIES
Starting in January, we’ll begin a series that will take us through Lent, studying the psalms used by the Gospel writers in telling the Jesus story. We’re calling it The Jesus Prayerbook. If you have a small group looking for a complement the series, you can check out Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s little book The Prayerbook of the Bible.
- Jan. 3 – Psalm 69:1-9, John 2:13-22. Sermon dialogue between Rev. Jason Micheli and Dr. Johanna Hartelius. Main worship. Communion service.
- Jan. 10 – John 6:25-34: “The Amen Gloss.” Main worship. Communion service.
- Jan. 17 – Matthew 13:10-13, 34-35: “An Aural Army.” Main worship. Communion service.
- Jan. 24